Course Name: Advanced Certificate in Early Learning and Care (Stage 2/NFQ Level 6)
The Advanced Early Learning and Care professional award, Stage 2 is designed to meet the growing needs of the early learning and care sector in Ireland. This programme is based on theory and practical opportunities preparing the learner to meet requirements of the supervisory role, especially in the area of legislation and regulation of the sector.
Many early learning and care services are seeking Lead Educators (NFQ Level 6) for supervisory roles. This role demands responsibility for best practice and high standards to meet the holistic needs of children and their families. Application of the Síolta Quality Framework and planning in line with the Aistear Curriculum Framework are main features of the Lead Educator role.
The aim of this programme is to enable learners to develop the knowledge, skills, and competence to work as autonomous practitioners, subject to practice supervision, in promoting, supporting and meeting the holistic needs of children from 0-6 years, and/or to take responsibility for a room or area in an early learning and care setting.
This programme also provides the learner with the opportunity to transfer and progress into higher education and training.
Why Should I Apply for the Course
Students will benefit from the following:
- Insight into the early learning and care sector, from a supervisory viewpoint
- Knowledge of the inspection process carried out in the early learning and care sector
- Completion of 150 professional practice placement in a local early learning and care service, working with children aged between 0-6 years
- Teamwork with early years professionals who will support and enhance personal and professional development
- Academic research and report writing
- Reflective practice (individual and collective)
- Friendly experienced teachers who are available for academic support