- AWARDING BODIES:
- Confederation of International Beauty Therapy & Cosmetology – CIBTAC
- International Therapy Examination Council – ITEC
- Further Education Training Awards Council – QQI
- Diploma in Beauty Specialist – ITEC Award,
- Diploma in Facial Electrical Treatments – ITEC Award,
- CIBTAC Diploma in Aesthetics.
- DURATION:One Year, September to May
This is a 1 year course with practical experience. It leads to an internationally recognised professional qualification. Students will need to attend salons/spas for work experience throughout the course.
- Programme of Study*
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Skincare & Eye Treatments
- Electrical Treatments
- Manicure and Pedicure
- Professional Conduct & Business Awareness
- Work Experience
* Modules subject to change
- Entry Requirements
It is desirable that students should be of Leaving Certificate Standard or have achieved an Applied Leaving Certificate with Distinction. Portlaoise Institute welcomes applications from mature students. Mature students are assessed on their merits and do not require the above qualifications.
All students are required to complete an assessment before commencing a Further Education course in Portlaoise Institute. This assessment confirms if the student has the required level of English and Maths (if applicable) to complete a Level 5 course.
- Career Opportunities
- Beauty Salons
- Health Centres
- Cruise Liner Therapist
- Make Up Artist
- Company Representative
- Mobile Therapist
- Higher Education Progression
Having successfully completed Year 1 students will receive the following awards can apply for the Advanced Diploma in Beauty Therapy.
- Course Coordinator
Doireann Burke, firstname.lastname@example.org