- AWARDING BODIES:
- Comité International d’Esthétique et de Cosmétologie – CIDESCO
- Confederation of International Beauty Therapy & Cosmetology – CIBTAC
- International Therapy Examination Council – ITEC
- Further Education Training Awards Council – QQI
- Diploma in Beauty Specialist – ITEC Award,
- Diploma in Facial Electrical Treatments – ITEC Award,
- CIBTAC Diploma in Aesthetics.
- DURATION:One Year, September to May
This is a 1 year course with practical experience. It leads to an internationally recognised professional qualification. A pre requisite for progression onto this course is dependent on attainment of CIBTAC and/or ITEC Beauty Specialist and Facial Electrical treatments and successful completion of an interview. Students will need to attend salons/spas for work experience throughout the course.
- Programme of Study*
Anatomy and Physiology
Figure Analysis, Diet & Exercise
Body Electrical Treatments
Cosmetic Chemistry / Dermatology
* Modules subject to change
- Entry Requirements
It is desirable that students should be of Leaving Certificate Standard or have achieved an Applied Leaving Certificate with Distinction. Portlaoise Institute welcomes applications from mature students. Mature students are assessed on their merits and do not require the above qualifications.
All students are required to complete an assessment before commencing a Further Education course in Portlaoise Institute. This assessment confirms if the student has the required level of English and Maths (if applicable) to complete a Level 5 course.
A pre-requisite for progression onto this course is dependent on attainment of ITEC & CIBTAC Specialist and Facial Electricals and successful completion of interview.
- Career Opportunities
- Beauty Salons
- Health Centres
- Massage Therapist
- Cruise Liner Therapist
- Make Up Artist
- Company Representative
- Course Coordinator
Doireann Burke, email@example.com